Shine HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum rewamping

3 posters

Go down

Forum rewamping Empty Forum rewamping

Post by AiKirika Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:09 pm

we need to change our current forums, sub-forums or even cathegories.

renaming them, change descriptions, add, remove, merge, move everything thats possible to find a new concept that over all harmonizes.

i would like to completely seperate everything related to tnr from the forums.
e.g. no asking about tnr in the member support forum. adding an additional forum specificaly for that.
or having the village board (move it up first) take over that part... and put all the talk and discussions to the meeting ara where it should have belonged in the first place

also we ned to change the names and the descriptions of the forums so that everyone clearly know the purpose of them

constructive critisism is always welcome

btw... i thought about actually making a complete new forum for when C3 starts.
maybe call it Shine HQ C3 or something.... maybe new memebr would become sceptical if they read things like "reborn"
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Forum rewamping Empty Re: Forum rewamping

Post by AiKirika Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:40 pm

my first ideas for the TNR category

Shine HQ:

what do you think about that?
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:49 pm

The village Status/village support are essentially just the War/Village info and Member support board. I'd like to keep as few forums within other forums as possible, outside of the RP section. The reason being that when they are within another forum, they may be harder for the average user to find; people may skip over them. The Shine Village Board also serves the same purpose as what you described as the meeting hall. The Village Board needs to be kept in the same spot. It's the most important forum in terms of quantity and content of discussion. It will be the most recognizable forum to people who were on the first ShineHQ forum. If it isn't broken, why fix it?

Sure, the meeting hall doesn't get used much...but then again, not every forum needs to be utilized. What I would like to do instead of what was suggested above would be to get rid of the meeting hall and move the member support board to the top category. It fits in better with the News/Events/Info.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

http://shinehqreborn.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:17 pm

i thought we talked that over already...
i would like to seperate tnr related and forum related things... and yes.. a few things are the same because i simply renamed them

what i posted is only the tnr related part.

since im not sure how to handle the forum rules, staff list and the likes for now (since its not tnr related) i thought i keep them there for now.... though i thought about having an actually own category above for those kind of things
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:49 pm

sorry to double post...

i also dont like it when a forum is actually called something like "blablabla forum" or similar.

the "blablbla" alone should be enough.... everyone knows that its a forum... ö-ö
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:51 pm

lmao. Agreed. Will fix accordingly
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:51 pm

what about the suggested name changes??

i really do not like the name shine village board... because... common... what the hell does this actually express?
it sounds more like an info board... in the sense of a profile.
and not some place to discuss things

btw... when i went to bed yesterday i thought of something else.... but i need to rethink and write everything down... will take a while and full concentration to put this down. this most likely wont be here before tomorrow.
i just want to ask to really read everything through and think it over
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:20 pm

It was so successful on the last forum though. I'll wait and see what your other ideas are.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:30 am

i dont think those names were actually successfull..... more like... those who were active... didnt care much as after some time we simply knew where everything was without actually thinking about the meaning of the forum or its name
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:32 pm

This is part of my concept to separate TNR and forum related.
I’m really up to making this forum perfect. So pls read everything and take it into consideration.

The current top category deals with TNR related topics. In this there are still forum related topics in them.
I’m talking here about the forum rules, staff list and the likes in the “News and Updates”.
Those are currently still up there because it’s the top forum and the most likely forum the most people look inside.
But I want to separate those too.

Regarding that I have 2 ideas how to deal with that.

1. Global Announcement

We could have a forum dealing with this kind of forum information in the forum related category -
or in a “Member Support” forum as Sticky and Announcement.
To make sure everyone sees at least the rules we could have this thread as a global announcement and put a few links to the rest of forum.

2. Whole new Category

Above all there could be a category with one forum. “The Forum” or whatever name.
In this Forum all those Forum Information would be in.
If this forum is above all, then most likely a lot of people would look inside.

With both of these ideas, the “News and Updates” forum is available to do its purpose, actually announcing new stuff of TNR.
With this I would like to merge this forum with “Contests and Events” as those fit to news and updates. If anything we could have a sub-forum for forum based events.
The “Village Info” would be its own forum, not a sub-forum.

It would look like this

Spoiler:

That’s it for now.
I didn’t think the rest over yet.
All names and descriptions are optional and up for reworking.
I really wish to hear your opinions on this... with hopefully constructive criticism.
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:59 pm

AiKirika wrote:This is part of my concept to separate TNR and forum related.
I’m really up to making this forum perfect. So pls read everything and take it into consideration.

That’s it for now.
I didn’t think the rest over yet.
All names and descriptions are optional and up for reworking.
I really wish to hear your opinions on this... with hopefully constructive criticism.
My motto is: If it isn't broken, don't fix it. With that said, this I prefer this infrastructure a lot more than the previous one you posted.

The Forum: Doesn't the News and Updates section serve the same purpose already? I was under the impression that the News/Updates forum was the one we would use to post rules, the staff list, and global announcements. It's the way it's been on every single one of my forums...what's the difference between it and "The Forum"? I don't mind the idea of the main forum information section being in its own category, but News and Updates + The Forum is completely redundant. Why would we need to make announcements about in-game updates? TNR already does that in their News page.

Support: I don't believe there needs to be two separate support forums. I think the Member Support Board serves that purpose already.

Events: Why two separate events forums? We don't have that many events as it is. And two suggestions forums? We can't take TNR suggestions. I think we should stick with 1 events and 1 suggestions forum, and put them on the main page, as opposed to being sub-forums. The less sub-forums, the better. People will be more likely to see them if they are on the main page.

Welcome and Farwell: I prefer Introductions and Farwells.

Blackmarket: I agree.

I won't change Shine Village Board to Meeting Hall...Shine Village Board is more recognizable, and is the most important forum. The meeting halls on the other hand, rarely get used on any of our forums. Simplicity is better. If we had two separate forums for Suggestions, Events, News, and Support, new users would get confused between them. I don't mean to come across as stubborn, but I just don't think most of these changes are necessary. It would be helpful if the others gave their opinions.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Ryuku wrote:My motto is: If it isn't broken, don't fix it. With that said, this I prefer this infrastructure a lot more than the previous one you posted.
this motto doesnt say much here though... how are we even sure its not broken?
i think a few things were broken all along and we just never cared about them

The Forum: Doesn't the News and Updates section serve the same purpose already? I was under the impression that the News/Updates forum was the one we would use to post rules, the staff list, and global announcements.
yes... and as i explained i want to change that.
the purpose of "news and Updates" is news and updates. rules and staff list are neither news nor updates. thats why i want to remove them.
i have the feeling im repeating myself there

It's the way it's been on every single one of my forums...what's the difference between it and "The Forum"? I don't mind the idea of the main forum information section being in its own category, but News and Updates + The Forum is completely redundant. Why would we need to make announcements about in-game updates? TNR already does that in their News page.
since i want to seperate those. also we could discuss those news. back then i often had the feeling that i missed something or didnt understood. that way everything would be noted down.
i also want to have events like anbu contests be part of news instead of an own forum.

Support: I don't believe there needs to be two separate support forums. I think the Member Support Board serves that purpose already.
again for the purpose separating tnr and forum related

Events: Why two separate events forums? We don't have that many events as it is. And two suggestions forums? We can't take TNR suggestions. I think we should stick with 1 events and 1 suggestions forum, and put them on the main page, as opposed to being sub-forums. The less sub-forums, the better. People will be more likely to see them if they are on the main page.
the events for tnr are part of news and updates. though i understand the "forum-based events". it can be dropped.
as for tnr suggestions. its true we cant do anything. i thought about when someone suggests something, everyone could work on them to bring the suggestion to an actual acceptabe stage and post this suggestion on the tnr forums.

Welcome and Farwell: I prefer Introductions and Farwells.
was just trying out a different name

I won't change Shine Village Board to Meeting Hall...Shine Village Board is more recognizable, and is the most important forum. The meeting halls on the other hand, rarely get used on any of our forums.
how is "shine village board" "recognizable". we are just used to it... thats the only reason it is recognizable to you. but for a completly new person this name doesnt make much sense. it sounds more like a profile page just like the village status/info.
saying that the meeting hall was never used because the village board served its purpose here is non-sense.... in the very beginning we actually thought about both as the following: meeting hall for discussing important things and the village board for discussing minor things...... now those forums are merged... its 1 forum for discussing both major and minor things on tnr.

Simplicity is better. If we had two separate forums for Suggestions, Events, News, and Support, new users would get confused between them. I don't mean to come across as stubborn, but I just don't think most of these changes are necessary. It would be helpful if the others gave their opinions.
as for suggestions - i aree. just one for forum related stuff is enough
there are no 2 forums for event and news
tnr events are part of news... there is no extra forum for events now. while forum events like writing or drawing contests should have their own forum.
support... well i actually thought of naming the village support forum simply tnr support. that way it couldnt be confused with the forum support.

all in all i think in the past the purpose of the forums we had were never really defined.
thats why we had both meeting hall and shine village board.
im here defining the purpose of each forum.
no half-this and half-that. no using a forum for a different purpose which it originally had in the beginning.
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:05 pm

btw.... global announcement is a form of announcement you can choose when making a new thread.
○ sticky
○ announcement
○ global announcement
a global announcement appears in every forum above everything
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:14 pm

ryuku and i discussed a lot and finally came to a common agreement for the forums
you can see it right now

of course there are still a few things to do

what do you think so far?
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:14 am

ryuku could you do some changes about the mod forums?

since were are gonna work a lot on the rp make it its own forum... not a sub-fourm
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:11 pm

What do you mean? You want me to put RP planning on the main page?
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:18 pm

inside the mod HQ....
not as a sub-forum but an own forum... so we dont have to click that much

i mean the normal user doesnt see the mod hq anyway
so for us it would be better wouldnt it?
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Consider it done!
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:09 pm

I like the forums structure. It is easy to navigate. Even if i wasn't familiar with a forum before it is easy to see where people should be posting. And if there are questions there is enough help sections to query :3
The colors are excellent!
Maxime
Maxime
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down