Shine HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide: Item and Weapons List

3 posters

Go down

Guide: Item and Weapons List Empty Guide: Item and Weapons List

Post by Ryuku Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Weapon and Item Listing

Kunai:
One of the most basic tools in a shinobi's arsenal. The kunai is a short, all-purpose weapon and can be used as either a throwing knife or for close, hand to hand combat. For most shinobi, it is a vital part of their arsenal.

Shuriken:
Otherwise known as throwing stars, shuriken are as dangerous as they are commonplace among shinobi. While there are many variations of the same basic design, the shuriken's primary role is that of a long range projectile, used to attack enemies from afar and from safe distances.

Windmill Shuriken:
A are a much larger version of the basic shuriken. Though it requires more time and dedication to master than a normal shuriken, the effects of being hit by a windmill shuriken are far more deadly. Many windmill shuriken are also collapsible, making them easier to carry.

Blood Pills:
This pill is used to replenish the blood inside a user, though at a risk. Once ingested, the massive and sudden surge of blood puts an extensive strain on the users mental capabilities and can very easily make them dizzy. Note that a user will continue to bleed out unless their wounds are healed or at least patched up somehow.

Water Pills:
A water pill is equal to a gallon of water, and will hydrate the user once eaten. The pill is also commonly used by those with the Water element to assist with creating water for their jutsu.

Food Pills:
The last pill of the collection is a food replacement for one meal, and helps to slightly energize the user. Though consuming more then two pills in a single day may cause obesity and shortness of breath.

Exploding Tags:
A very dangerous, very deadly weapon, exploding tags are pieces of paper with the Japanese character "Baku" or "Explode" written on their face. These tags can be easily placed on various objects and can be detonated with great force. An exploding tag has the concussive power of a hand grenade, and a radius of about 10-15 feet. Exploding tags do not burn or create fire by default.

Smoke Bomb:
Small circular sphere that can either used as a distraction or as an escape tool. It has several small holes to release the thick smoke contained within it when thrown.

Ointment:
A basic first aid tool available to all shinobi. Ointments are simply used as a healing agent to relieve pain or prevent infections. Ointments may also help the body clot wounds to help reduce bleeding.

Senbon Needles:
While mainly used for medical purposes such as acupuncture, some shinobi, once properly trained in their art, can use these thin needles as lethal weapons. Senbons are not as popular as other projectiles however, because they require a very fine sense of accuracy to be used effectively, but it is that very same accuracy that can make them an incredibly deadly tool for any shinobi willing to learn.

Last edited by Ryuku on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

http://shinehqreborn.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Guide: Item and Weapons List Empty Re: Guide: Item and Weapons List

Post by DragonKnight Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:06 am

Just an idea, but should we consider an encumbrance mechanic for this? Or just judge separately whether someone can carry the stuff he says he does on his character? I'd probably go for the second choice.
DragonKnight
DragonKnight
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:17 pm

I agree. We should just decide on a case by case basis.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:41 pm

i have an idea about weapons with the already suggested "weapon summoning jutsu" and a few other suggested things.
but its late today... so im gonna do this one tomorrow
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:13 pm

remember that i once talked about using weapon scrolls on here?? just like ten ten does?

i'd like to introduce the weapon summoning jutsu
C-rank so that one must be at least genin to use it ( at least thats what i thought of before we came up with chakra limits then it might be better if it was D-rank?)
it would work just like the summoning jutsu for animals, just that here you need to touch some kind of script/text/seal to summon weapons

just like the animal summoning they would need to make a contract with some kind of storage of the weapons. it can be their own home storage or clan storage or maybe even some village storage
since this jutsu would be one of those special jutsu one would need to train, they would simply need to write how they came to make that contract and their trying it out.
usually a user would have to use a scroll or any other printed form (maybe even on the body but only for 1 weapon)

weapon summoning jutsu:
simple weapons would be an unlimited resource, while special weapons, and of course unique ones, would be limited.

which leads me to the following idea
Weapon storage (eventually generally equipment storage)

every user would have their own storage in the character sheet.
it would list all weapons they have or get by time
like i said, simple weapons would be infinit to use
special weapons on the other hand would be limited
of course some would be unique, like some keep-sake from the dead parents, or swords with special powers, some kind of twin-swords are seen as a unit though
some would be simply limited in numbers becasue of their size or weight... i dont think it would be great if one would throw 20 big-Donkey-huge shuriken at you.

one thing that i thought about when i came up with that is
"what if one of their unique weapons breaks during an RP? they wouldnt be able to use it in any other RP afterwards?" right?
solution: Blacksmith or Weapon forger

after a weapon breaks they could come here and let it get repaired.
this would be done by a short RP (maybe also just 1 posts or up to 4)

buuuuuuuuut... you would need to pay the man!
thats where ryukus idea of implementing Ryo would take place

Ryo would be rewarded for completing missions. (or stealing some from the defeated enemy?)
this Ryo could be spent at the black smith for repair service or even buying those special and "limited" weapons actually here (both pre-made ones and custom made)
maybe have some other shop with general equipment. while simple equipment would be infinit in the home storage,  some special food pills or special clothing (like a coat with a higher resistance for some element?) could be bought here

of course we would need to weigh out the costs items and rewards from missions

at the beginning not every special weapon would need to be bought.
like i said before, some would be handed down for acestors or are a clan thing.
maybe 2 or 3 special weapons could be added when creating the char. everything else needs to be bought or might be aquired during missions?

what im not sure yet though is the rank of the jutsu
like i said i got this idea before we talked about implementing chakra limits
when summoning shuriken or senbon... one usually needs those in a higher amount... summoning each senbon each would take up too much chakra...
maybe if those small things that are usually thrown are being able to be summoned in stacks of 5 or 10 depending on the item itself, that would solve this

what do you think?

- again a long post - sorry
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonKnight Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:00 pm

I don't particularly like the ryo idea. Besides this, which will be rare, we have no real use for someone to spend money on, especially since they already get money from their clans, villages etc as working people... if we could make an appropriate money sink, maybe I'd consider it, but until then we have no real use for it. Ideally you would just repair your weapons automatically, unless it's something special and an rp mod could make a quest over it...

The weapon summoning though sounds great... off to bed now... will check this again and write something more detailed
DragonKnight
DragonKnight
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:35 am

DragonKnight wrote:I don't particularly like the ryo idea. Besides this, which will be rare, we have no real use for someone to spend money on, especially since they already get money from their clans, villages etc as working people... if we could make an appropriate money sink, maybe I'd consider it, but until then we have no real use for it. Ideally you would just repair your weapons automatically, unless it's something special and an rp mod could make a quest over it...

The weapon summoning though sounds great... off to bed now... will check this again and write something more detailed
I'll have to side with DK on this one. I did originally propose ryo, but I never really managed with anything reasonable to spend ryo on. I'm not a fan of repairing weapons or buying weapons with ryo. I don't think that type of concept would fit with an RP that doesn't use numerical values for combat. If we could find another use for it, maybe I'd think about adding it. I do like the weapon summoning idea, though I'm not really sure what rank it would be either...ideally, we would keep chakra used relative to rank constant for each Jutsu. If we had C-Rank summoning jutsu that had multiple levels, that would go out the window and make things more difficult.

If I had it my way, I'd separate regular Jutsu from summoning jutsu and allow each person to make one summoning contract. Then each summoning Jutsu would be a contract with several Ranks within it based on the level of the animal/creature you summon. That would be used to figure out how much chakra they take to summon. I'll give an example.

[Lion Summoning Contract]
Requirements: The user must sign their name on the Lion Scroll with their on blood.
Description: The user bites their thumb and then places all five of their fingers in a spot to designate where the Lions will be summoned.
D-Rank Summon: description of a d-rank lion summon
C-Rank Summon: description of a c-rank lion summon
B-Rank Summon: I think that
A-Rank Summon: you get the point

Seems simple enough to me, imo.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:42 pm

the weapon summoning jutsu here... doesnt have levels... its just a contract with another storage
its still the same jutsu, using the same amount of chakra, they can just summon more weapons now
i thought of this so we dont have genin running around using some hardcore weapons as they like

i think a lot would like to be able to summon weapons like tenten but thought it was some given ability but wouldnt think of actually having this as a seperate jutsu.
that way we actually have them use up a jutsu slot.

i'd limit animal summons to 1... yes
but the weapon summon should be available for everyone despite already having an animal summon or not
i see the animal contract as something rather holy, its a pact between the user and that group of animals, that trust each other, if the user is an asshole the animals theoretically could refuse him.
weapons are just tools, no feelings.

btw... the black smith and ryu was just an idea i had while thinkig of the concept for the wepaons since ryuku thought of wanting something like this lol... so yeah... if you dont like it, so be it...
but hat about the storage idea?? generally that weapons must be listed before using them, so no one randomly summons a lot of bad Donkey weapns as they like
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:32 am

AiKirika wrote:the weapon summoning jutsu here... doesnt have levels... its just a contract with another storage
its still the same jutsu, using the same amount of chakra, they can just summon more weapons now
i thought of this so we dont have genin running around using some hardcore weapons as they like

i'd limit animal summons to 1... yes
but the weapon summon should be available for everyone despite already having an animal summon or not
i see the animal contract as something rather holy, its a pact between the user and that group of animals, that trust each other, if the user is an asshole the animals theoretically could refuse him.
weapons are just tools, no feelings.

but hat about the storage idea?? generally that weapons must be listed before using them, so no one randomly summons a lot of bad Donkey weapns as they like
I understand what you mean regarding weapon summonings. I'm fine with them taking up a slot as well. As for the storage, I agree as well. I think that the Equipment field in the character profile could be used for that purpose. I don't think simple stuff should be infinite though, unless the user learns the weapon summoning Jutsu. For someone who doesn't learn it, they should have a set amount that they have at the beginning of each battle or RP.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:53 am

I don't think simple stuff should be infinite though, unless the user learns the weapon summoning Jutsu. For someone who doesn't learn it, they should have a set amount that they have at the beginning of each battle or RP.
totally agree with that
since usually those who cant use that jutsu are bound to carry everything around with them and that cant be infinit

what about havig thoe small things like shuriken and senbon or other things you usually throw being summoned in packs?
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:01 pm

AiKirika wrote:
I don't think simple stuff should be infinite though, unless the user learns the weapon summoning Jutsu. For someone who doesn't learn it, they should have a set amount that they have at the beginning of each battle or RP.
totally agree with that
since usually those who cant use that jutsu are bound to carry everything around with them and that cant be infinit

what about havig thoe small things like shuriken and senbon or other things you usually throw being summoned in packs?
Yeah, I agree with that. Tenten usually summons a lot of weapons when she uses weapon summonings. They should be able to summon multiple shuriken/kunai.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:10 pm

summary

so we have a weapon summon jutsu which needs to be trained and written seals
and an upgrade at chuunin level which needs to be trained as well

in the character sheet the point "equipment" will be used for items (weapons and other supply) the character is equipped at all times. those items are limited and the number should be listed

while we make another point "storage" (or different name) for things that are not equipped by the char, but can be summoned.
those items can be infinit like kunai, simple swords, shuriken, senbon, other small, not too big/heavy, not special weapons and supply (food pills etc). some of them are going to be summonable in packs.
other items are going to be limited in amount or even unique. heavy or huge, shuriken or swords, weapons or items with special abilities, keepsakes/hand-me-downs.

not clear yet: rank

btw... do we have bow and arrows?
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:37 pm

I don't see why we can't have bow and arrows. That's basically a summary. Now what's left is to decide what they are able to summon at what rank..
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:15 pm

at genin: simple weapons, simple items
at chuunin: everything else
? ö-ö

or did you mean soemthing else? a concrete list might be impossible though we can try
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonKnight Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:44 am

We can base it with relative weight checks, can't we (not sure if this is the correct expression here)? Let's say small items like kunais at genin, swords at chounin and at jounin things far heavier than that... like a giant statue 10 m tall and things like that? But we always should have their items be listed, whether through storage or the things they carry in the equipment part of their character threads. Through storage they would have access to a lot of things if they are not made to list out before what they have access to. Just an idea.
DragonKnight
DragonKnight
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:23 pm

AiKirika wrote:at genin: simple weapons, simple items
at chuunin: everything else
? ö-ö

or did you mean soemthing else? a concrete list might be impossible though we can try
Sounds good to me. Otherwise it will get very arbitrary, and we will have to decide things on a case by case basis because people are likely to have custom weapons at some point.

Genin: Kunai, Shuriken, Senbon, Pills, Smoke Bomb, Ointment, Exploding Tags, Windmill Shuriken
Chuunin: Custom Weapons and Everything else

Any changes?
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonKnight Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Nah... kiri, would you mind making a summary of your summoning jutsu and it's rules with our current changes on it?
DragonKnight
DragonKnight
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:30 pm

well...

first one thing.... i wonder if the users can also summon other items but weapons... if we shouldnt rename the jutsu to item summoning jutsu... or soemthing along the lines

for now
Weapon Summoning jutsu
Rank: C (maybe D-rank? depends if we do the chakra limits)
Type: Summon
Requirements: scroll/seal/some kind of text in any form and place
Description:
The user is able to teleport a weapon/item from a storage they have a contract with. This is done by tapping onto the summoning seal of the wanted weapon/item.
(the user is able to summon simple weapons and items)
Upgrade (chuunin rank): upon proving his worth as true shinobi, the user is granted access to a special storage of weapons/items.
(the user is able to summon weapons, that are unique, exceptionally heavy/huge, have special abilities, or are special in any other way.)

both base and upgrade of the jutsu must be trained by describing how the contract came to be and the first try out

simple weapons/items are:
kunai, (small) shuriken, senbon, simple daggers and swords, explosion tags, simple pills, smoke bomb, simple ointments, other small, not special weapons or items
some of them can be summoned in packs (kunai, shuriken, senbon, explosion tags, more?)
theoretically those are unlimited, can be summoned as much as the user likes ( we can change that though for a few items)
special weapons/items:
the user is able to summon weapons/items, that are unique, exceptionally heavy/huge, have special abilities, or are special in any other way.
those are not stackable, each weapon has to be single-summoned. (twin-swords or similar are seen as a unit)
some heavy/huge items, that are simple in their character (huge shuriken or swords), can be summoned multiple times, but have a limit.
weapons/items with special abilities/effects are only available once/RP

every char has the point "storage" in their character sheet.
weapons/items must be listed  in here prior to be able to summon during a RP.
numbers at the item display how often during an RP an item can be summoned and if it is stackable (and how much items are in a pack)

the point "equipment" in the character sheet describes weapons and items that are (obviously) equipped by the char (the char carries those items around at all times)
items and amounts of items must be resonable
with the development of the char, equipment can change and exchange weapons/items from the storage to equipment

i hope i didnt forget anything
of course the weapons/item lists might be incomplete... but there are so many things...
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down