Shine HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide: Clans and Bloodlines Information

3 posters

Go down

Guide: Clans and Bloodlines Information Empty Guide: Clans and Bloodlines Information

Post by Ryuku Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Clan and Bloodline Information

As far as bloodlines go, you have three options:

1. Option One
You may create your own individual custom bloodline. You may only have a maximum of 5 bloodline Jutsu if you create your own personal bloodline. Additionally, your bloodline may not have stages.

2. Option Two
You may join a clan prior to/while creating your character. Clan-based bloodlines may have a maximum of 8 bloodline Jutsu and -can- have stages. When I say stages, I am referring to different steps in your bloodline. For example, the Sharingan goes from 1 pupil to 2 pupils to 3 pupils, and eventually to the Mangekyo Sharingan.  

3. Option Three
You may create your own clan prior to making a character provided that you have at least two other people who are willing to join the clan.

Here is the Clan Creation Template: Link

List of Clans

Last edited by Ryuku on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 12 times in total
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

http://shinehqreborn.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Guide: Clans and Bloodlines Information Empty Re: Guide: Clans and Bloodlines Information

Post by Ryuku Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:09 am

Updated
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Guide: Clans and Bloodlines Information Empty Re: Guide: Clans and Bloodlines Information

Post by AiKirika Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:13 pm

ryuku... you really need to think everything through when posting something like that...

if you say a limit of X jutsu... then pls tell to which rank this limit is referring to and also include a full rank dependant list

if those limits refer to jounin rank.... then i disaprove of those limits... they are too low.
what the jutsu limit? 25, 30?... so only 3 or 5 of 30 would be BL jutsu? naaaaah
usually those with a BL would use mostly BL or clan jutsu to fight and would rather rarely use any other jutsu as those jutsu actually characterize their style.
the point in BLs is that the can do things that no one can do... so if you limit them too low the whole point of BLs would be kinda gone.

i actually thought more of something like half of the jutsu can be BL jutsu if they are part of a clan. and maybe a third or quarter for non-clan chars.
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:14 pm

AiKirika wrote:ryuku... you really need to think everything through when posting something like that...

if you say a limit of X jutsu... then pls tell to which rank this limit is referring to and also include a full rank dependant list

if those limits refer to jounin rank.... then i disaprove of those limits... they are too low.
what the jutsu limit? 25, 30?... so only 3 or 5 of 30 would be BL jutsu? naaaaah
usually those with a BL would use mostly BL or clan jutsu to fight and would rather rarely use any other jutsu as those jutsu actually characterize their style.
the point in BLs is that the can do things that no one can do... so if you limit them too low the whole point of BLs would be kinda gone.

i actually thought more of something like half of the jutsu can be BL jutsu if they are part of a clan. and maybe a third or quarter for non-clan chars.
I'm just trying to get things done. I can't just change my mindset...if I wasn't so brash this whole forum wouldn't exist, and I wouldn't have approached you guys to try to recreate it and continue to do so even after discouragement.

I don't know what you mean by "rank dependent list". 15 bloodline Jutsu is way too much. What bloodline do you know of that has 15 unique Jutsu? I can't think of one. I'd consider raising it to 8 for Clans and 5 for individuals.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Ryuku wrote:
AiKirika wrote:ryuku... you really need to think everything through when posting something like that...

I'm just trying to get things done. I can't just change my mindset...if I wasn't so brash this whole forum wouldn't exist, and I wouldn't have approached you guys to try to recreate it and continue to do so even after discouragement.

I don't know what you mean by "rank dependent list". 15 bloodline Jutsu is way too much. What bloodline do you know of that has 15 unique Jutsu? I can't think of one. I'd consider raising it to 8 for Clans and 5 for individuals.
by rank dependant list i meant:
genin could have X amount of BL jutsu
chuunin could have Y amount of BL jutsu
jounin could have Z amount of BL jutsu

What bloodline do you know of that has 15 unique Jutsu?
to counter that... can you even think of a normal naruto char that actually does have 30 jutsu? or even 15? lol

and im not against your getting-thing-done-attitude... i just would like to get things done fully and not only half way because we didnt think everything through
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:24 pm

AiKirika wrote:by rank dependant list i meant:
genin could have X amount of BL jutsu
chuunin could have Y amount of BL jutsu
jounin could have Z amount of BL jutsu

to counter that... can you even think of a normal naruto char that actually does have 30 jutsu? or even 15? lol

and im not against your getting-thing-done-attitude... i just would like to get things done fully and not only half way because we didnt think everything through
Kakashi has well over 1000, and has performed well over 30 different Jutsu. I'm not doing things halfway...I'm posting these in hopes that you guys will give me feedback, not as a "set in stone, this is the way it's gonna be" type of thing. I'd prefer just a Jutsu rank limit list instead of rank dependent list. I.e. 1 S-Rank maximum, 2 A-Rank maximum.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Ryuku wrote:
Kakashi has well over 1000, and has performed well over 30 different Jutsu.
thats why i said normal naruto char. lol
kakashi can only do that because of the sharingan and his copycat ability
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:09 pm

AiKirika wrote:
Ryuku wrote:
Kakashi has well over 1000, and has performed well over 30 different Jutsu.
thats why i said normal naruto char. lol
kakashi can only do that because of the sharingan and his copycat ability
No character in Naruto is really "normal". Beyond that, we are not designing an anime/manga. It would be impossible for Kishi to feature 30 Jutsu for each character, and it would also be silly. There are tons of characters and only so many chapters/episodes, and lessening the number of Jutsu that each character uses emphasizes the importance of each Jutsu. Each character has signature Jutsu that they use frequently. RP is a bit different. We don't have a finite number of episodes/chapters. A character can RP as frequently and for as long as they want, provided that the forum is active.

It's just kind of strange that you are saying that having too many Jutsu is unnecessary, and yet at the same time you don't want to limit them. If you don't want to limit each character, simply increasing the Jutsu limit. Giving them the ability to learn one new Jutsu per month for example, sounds good theoretically but in practice...how do we keep track of that? And would the character even remember? And at some point it would lead to a huge advantage depending on the time-frame we use. A character who learns 1 new Jutsu per month for a period of 2 years would have 24 additional Jutsu. We could simply add a hard cap, but at some point having so many rules/lmits/specifications is counter productive.

Let's stick with Jutsu limits for each Rank, and perhaps allow people to gain additional Jutsu in events or missions/quests. I would also like to reiterate the fact that most people wont want to train more than a few jutsu. You/DK have both expressed your belief that new Jutsu should be gained through RP instead of just having them added to their profiles, but none of us have managed to come up with a realistic system to do so.

Enlightening experiences is arbitrary, confusing, and hard to moderate consistently.
Training each additional Jutsu that you gain after you become a Genin will not work, because nobody will want to do that. Would you want to do that? I wouldn't....especially not individually in my own training thread. RPing alone is awful.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonKnight Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:35 am

Ryu, an rp is a roleplaying game and its joy comes from people creating stories together... that training thing where u have to post once about a jutsu and describe in a way the story of how that jutsu of yours came to be is essentially that, creating a story, rping... rpers usually are quite imaginative, so they'd be able to come up with fun stories to write, or even describe someone's training of them and deepen their characters...

We should raise the jutsu/bloodline jutsu limits but not too much... again we need to test these... we need to create a couple of jounin rank characters with some jutsus and see how they actually work in practice for us to be sure whether 30 is a good number for a jutsu limit or not and if we need to alter the system
DragonKnight
DragonKnight
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:41 pm

ryuku wrote:It's just kind of strange that you are saying that having too many Jutsu is unnecessary, and yet at the same time you don't want to limit them.
actually its not strange.
i dont want everyone have tons of jutsu slots available like they are granted. i want them to have a set amount of jutsu they get just for ranking up and to have more they would need to do something for them.. work for them and deepen their chars that way.

i came up with a system... and actually it IS fairly easy to maintain. i descriped how it works i that other thread, "guide to each rank".

and i think its normal that older players are more experienced, stronger and have more jutsu... this is just logical.

ryuku wrote: I would also like to reiterate the fact that most people wont want to train more than a few jutsu.
i think we're repeating ourself there... its not every additional jutsu... but only the special ones

i completely agree with dk on this here:
DK wrote:Ryu, an rp is a roleplaying game and its joy comes from people creating stories together... that training thing where u have to post once about a jutsu and describe in a way the story of how that jutsu of yours came to be is essentially that, creating a story, rping... rpers usually are quite imaginative, so they'd be able to come up with fun stories to write, or even describe someone's training of them and deepen their characters...
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:03 pm

See my response to in the Rank Guide thread.

I understand that RP for many allows them to express their imagination and creativity, but for many it's also about interaction. All of the RPing i've ever done that I would consider enjoyable has been done with others. So for me personally, training would be more of a chore than an opportunity to express creativity.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonKnight Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:57 am

We still need to have a system for jutsu acquisition... it's not like we have many options, ryu... if u can suggest something better then by all means do and we'll use that, since currently both kiri and me dislike the idea of gaining all jutsus till the limit at once...
DragonKnight
DragonKnight
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:56 am

I thought we were going with training S-Rank, Bloodline Jutsu and summoning Jutsu. They wont be able to add them all at once if they have to train the stronger ones.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:04 pm

well... the system i suggested was for jouni who already had ther jutsu slots full...
dont know if it should be used in a similar way for all the others before the jutsu slots are full?? weekly, daily, every x days?
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:17 pm

AiKirika wrote:well... the system i suggested was for jouni who already had ther jutsu slots full...
dont know if it should be used in a similar way for all the others before the jutsu slots are full?? weekly, daily, every x days?
Na, that should be just for Jounin because there is no more rank progression after Jounin. Genin/Chuunin can gain more Jutsu by working on ranking up.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonKnight Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:02 pm

I thought we had agreed on that training and were talking about the whoe process... I still would like the training system to work for all jutsus besides the 3 starting ones a character has... or at least some of his most exceptional ones besides the bl/summoning etc ones mentioned above
DragonKnight
DragonKnight
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:04 pm

I don't think we can realistically expect anyone to train all of their Jutsu. Perhaps anything B-rank or above, along with bloodline jutsu and summonings?
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:05 pm

ah dk... we thought about only training special jutsu
like summoning, BL, and s-rank, i think i forgot a few more

at the beginning i also said eevry jutsu, but ryuku didnt like it, so we compromised saying only special ones should be trained
AiKirika
AiKirika
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonKnight Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Yeah... b rank or above works for me
DragonKnight
DragonKnight
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down